Wednesday 15 December 2010

beautiful copenhagen!


A few weeks ago, a friend invited me on a secret christmas trip whereby I would agree to make myself fully available for 3 days, hand over £160 and leave every detail - including destination - in his adventurous hands. With questions paddling back and forth in anticipation of the expedition, the only information I managed to extract was that it would be fairly chilly, with the warmest temperature being a teeth chattering 0 degrees. Thus, early on saturday morning I made my way to the airport with a small bag packed with (hopefully) enough relevantly warm clothing, to discover we were boarding a plane bound for....COPENHAGEN!!!

And with a love of scandinavian culture and design, probably bordering on an obsession, our journey got off to a very good start.

Cue a beautiful three days in the crisp, cool air of Denmark incorporating danish pastries, various takes on the traditional Smorgasbord, coffee, Glogg and cosy candlelit dinners.

A perfect christmassy treat and a right royal thank you to my adventurer friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment